Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cherry Blossoms

 Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom here and over the weekend we made a trip to a well know park not far from us to see them there. Before we left though I had to try cherry blossom nail art. It was very simple and quick, I painted my nails white, after it dried I sponged a light blue over the entire nail. With acrylic paint I made a few branches then added some larger blossoms with a few dotted blossoms to make them seem smaller, farther in the background and a few falling petals. 
 Please excuse the cuticles, this picture was taken after we returned and I had been wearing it for four days, and still am. I am really happy with this design and like the way it turned out!


 I will leave you with a few pictures of the Cherry Blossoms to enjoy. Even though the weather was not that great, the trees were beautiful this year!






6 comments:

  1. Cute Design! I need to do a sakura design soon too.
    May I ask where in Japan you are staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I would love if you would show me if you do one! I am in the northern part, Aomori Prefecture, in Misawa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that's so cute!
    I love sakura! (and I miss Japan...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, where were you in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome!
    I was in Saitama (studied in Tokyo), and have a friend in Osaka so I know this city quite well, too. It was fun and I wish to come back for a about 1 year in 2 years!^^
    And you, you're in Japan for work? studies? enjoyment?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you make it back! I am here for my husbands work.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...